Hi Everyone. I just got back from Janome Institute / Elna Impact 2013. It was at the Rio convention center, which is part of the Rio hotel and casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Since Janome is essentially the same company as Elna, Necchi, and Artistic, we were treated to seeing the new products that are coming out from each of these brands. Here are some of the highlights:
- Janome has a new top-of-the-line machine, the Horizon Memory Craft 15000
- Elna now has a expressive 900 model, which is comparable to Janome’s Horizon Memory Craft 12000.
- Elna now has a eXpressive 860 model, which is comparable to Janome’s Memory Craft 9900.
- Janome’s MBX embroidery software will soon be updated to version 4.5.
- Artistic now has a host of embroidery design collections from today’s best-known designers, including Michael Miller Fabrics, Lonni Rossi, Jenny Hart of Sublime Stitching, Leah Day of Day Style Designs and the Free Motion Quilting Project, and Stitchique.
- The Janome 9900 now has a new wood grain face plate (design panel).
- A new buttonhole foot is available for Janome, Elna and Necchi machines that allows for much larger buttons than the standard buttonhole foot.