Beginning Sewing – Session #1
During this 10-week series, you will have the opportunity to learn much about sewing while making a spectacular two piece robe and pajama botom set. Although you may not be a beginner, your instructor will presume you know absolutely nothing about sewing and present basic sewing principles plus numerous time saving short cuts involved with sewing. At the end of the series, if you have attended class and constructed your projects as presented, you will have learned the basic fundamentals of sewing and will have the ability to read, understand and construct most patterns. Techniques are scheduled and listed below.
- Session 1 – Sewing Terminology and Taking Measurements
- Session 2 – Drafting Pattern and Cutting Pattern Pieces
- Session 3 – Altering Pattern, Placement of Pattern Pieces on Fabric and Cutting Fabric
- Session 4 – Beginning Pajama Pant Construction
- Session 5 – Continuing Pajama Pant Construction
- Session 6 – Completing Pajama Pant and Beginning Tunic Construction
- Session 7 – Sew Pockets to Tunic and begin adding bias trim to neckline and armholes.
- Session 8 – Finish sewing bias trim and top stitching
- Session 9 – Hem Tunic
- Session 10 – Complete Finishing Stitches
Please note: Sessions do not always run on consecutive weeks, meaning that there are times when a week may be skipped. The total duration of time it takes to make it through the series is often 12 or 13 weeks. We cannot guarantee that all sessions in the series will be finished on a specific date but you will have 10 sessions scheduled.
|Taught by:||Aileen Woerth|
|Class fee:||$150.00 (includes all 10 sessions)|
|Pattern:||Asian Pajamas - $16.99|
|Supplies:||Standard sewing supplies required|
|Machine:||Bring your own.|