Today is the release date for Janome’s new Digitizer MBX v5 software, and we’re really excited to show off this new software.
What’s New In Janome Digitizer MBX v5?
Janome’s new Digitizer MBX boasts a brand new interface, clean and easy to use, that will ultimately make your custom embroidery projects come to life! New features include:
- Design Management
- Embroidery design management integration
- Shortcuts to embroidery design collections within the main application
- Design Customization
- Design information is easily available
- Articles included as design backgrounds
- Improved recoloring of designs
- Design Color Palette
- My Threads
- Color Wheel
- Cycle Used Colors
- Stitch spacing for existing designs is easily changed
- Optimize color changes
- Design Layouts
- Options for creating dynamic design layouts
- Editing Objects
- Options for applying copied properties from one object to another
- Adding and removing of stitch angles
- Advanced Digitizing
- Trapunto Outlines
- Carving Stamps
- Color Blending
- Capture and share design images
- 3D Satin stitch type
- 3D Warp effect for motif fill
- New Memory Craft 15000 machine support
A very exciting change in our new software is a simplified upgrading system. Before, there was a separate part number to upgrade your software from every previous software. For example, Upgrade from Digitizer MBX v4 to 4.5, and Upgrade from Digitizer MB to MBX 4.5. This meant carrying a lot of inventory for every upgrade. Now, all Digitizers versions MB through MBX v4.5 will upgrade to v5 from the same software. This is true for each level of software. There is an upgrade from any Digitizer Jr since MB to Jr v5, from any Jr since MB to the full v5, and from any full version since MB to v5.
No More Dongle!
We’ve only had our software up and running for less than a day, but one of my personal favorite new features for Digitizer v5 is that there is no longer a security dongle, but instead a product key and activation during installation. Over the years, dongles were such a problem for everyone, and I’m so glad they’re gone! This means that the installation process is much easier, and there will be no reason to worry about losing or breaking dongles anymore.