Hi Everyone. I just got back from Janome Institute / Elna Impact 2013. It was at the Rio convention center, which is part of the Rio hotel and casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Since Janome is essentially the same company as Elna, Necchi, and Artistic, we were treated to seeing the new products that are coming out from each of these brands. Here are some of the highlights:
- Janome has a new top-of-the-line machine, the Horizon Memory Craft 15000
- Elna now has a expressive 900 model, which is comparable to Janome’s Horizon Memory Craft 12000.
- Elna now has a eXpressive 860 model, which is comparable to Janome’s Memory Craft 9900.
- Janome’s MBX embroidery software will soon be updated to version 4.5.
- Artistic now has a host of embroidery design collections from today’s best-known designers, including Michael Miller Fabrics, Lonni Rossi, Jenny Hart of Sublime Stitching, Leah Day of Day Style Designs and the Free Motion Quilting Project, and Stitchique.
- The Janome 9900 now has a new wood grain face plate (design panel).
- A new buttonhole foot is available for Janome, Elna and Necchi machines that allows for much larger buttons than the standard buttonhole foot.
Although it seemed like Janome had just introduced the Memory Craft 12000, the new 15000 has so many upgrades and new features that I’m really excited to show it to you in October. Look for information about the new Janome 15000 on Janome’s website.
As of this morning, new information and pictures have not been added to the Elna website for the new machines. I really like the styling of the new eXpressive 860 model, and if you want to see it, come by the shop and I’ll show you the images that I have. I’d post the pictures here, but they are on paperwork that I received from Elna.
You can count on the new products making their way into Temecula Valley Sewing Center over the next few weeks. We’ve got a lot on order, so come by often to see what came in!