New Arrival – Janome New Home 2030DC Sewing Machine

Temecula Valley Sewing CenterJanome 2030DC Sewing Machine received an email from Janome this afternoon, announcing the arrival of a new sewing machine, the JNH2030DC.

While we haven’t actually seen the machine in person, but it looks very much like the DC1050. In fact, a quick overview of the sell sheet that Janome sent to us makes the 2030DC look like a DC1050 with 20 missing stitches. The price of the 2030DC is quite a bit higher than the DC1050, so there has to be something special about the machine. Perhaps it is coming with extra feet, a different type of shank, more accessories, or something fun. We’ll let you know when we find out!

Ben Levine on 9/13/11 @ 2:11pm

I would like to buy this sewing machine but can't find a price anywhere. How much is it?

b.gottier on 9/13/11 @ 7:39pm

Ben, you won't find the price, or be able to buy the machine online, because this is not a model that Janome allows dealers to sell on the internet. You'll have to call or go in to your local Janome dealer to get a price.

Chris on 12/13/12 @ 8:57pm

I bought mine at a dealer for $599. I love it!

Gina Myrmel on 1/10/13 @ 11:21am

I bought mine for $499.99. The salesman in Faribault, MN. spent over an hour with me explaining as much as I had time for. For me, this is the best machine and his shop is 8 blocks from my house. He's the best salesman I've known and I won't buy from any other sewing machine shop. I haven't spent much time with it yet, but we're on to a great start.

john on 5/31/13 @ 8:20pm

I bought mine for 400 bucks. I cant stop staring at it. I bought it to make puppets and Halloween costumes.

mike on 11/7/16 @ 9:49am

where did you buy the 2030 for 400 bucks at???

Linda on 4/5/14 @ 8:23am

I bought mine from a dealer yesterday. Original price, $599 got it for $399 on sale.

Joyce Sandvoss on 4/26/14 @ 5:37pm

I did buy my sewing machine from my local dealer in Florida where we live 3 months a year. I brought it back home to western NY & I can't even remember how to thread it. I have tried looking online for an instruction book but can't find the right place. Is there a place I can get instructions online? I bought the 2030DC machine. I would appreciate any information you can give me. I have found some utube instructions but cannot find them for my machine.

b.gottier on 4/30/14 @ 4:09pm

Hi Joyce,

Download the 2030DC instruction manual here:
2030DC Instruction Manual

Cesar Ramirez on 6/21/14 @ 2:20pm

Looking to buy this machine. I'm at a homeschooling convention this weekend and they have a show special with a sewing 101 course as I'm new to sewing. Please advise if this is a good deal or should I go through a local dealer?

b.gottier on 6/25/14 @ 12:13pm

I would say you have better options in that price range.

Cesar Ramirez on 6/21/14 @ 2:24pm

Sorry the price for just the machine is $489 and with course it's $529

Maggie P on 10/8/14 @ 7:37pm

I love my Janome 2030QDC.. I bought it from a dealer 2 years ago. I use it quite a bit. I can't find out if I can use a twin needle in it. Can you answer that for me please ?

b.gottier on 10/15/14 @ 11:36pm

Maggie, you can use a twin needle in this machine, just don't set the zig zag past the point where it will break the twin needle.

Betty on 1/15/16 @ 1:07pm

Is the 2030 a current model of a Janome sewing machine? How does it compare with the Platinum Jem 760?

b.gottier on 1/17/16 @ 9:28am

Yes, the 2030 is a current model, and considered a light-weight machine. Janome's Jem 760 is smaller, has more stitches, and in my opinion is actually more heavy duty than the 2030. If it were my decision, I'd get the 760 if you're looking for a smaller sewing machine.

Betty on 1/21/16 @ 4:16am

I am debating between these same 2 machines, could you give me some pros n cons about each of them? My Janome dealer pushes the 2030 n doesn't even have the 760 in her shop so can't try them both out

Marilee Hawkins on 2/3/16 @ 7:54pm

I am researching the Janome DC 2030 for use as a lightweight take along machine for classes and club sew meetings, and came across this blog. I have to say I am a strong Janome machine lover. I have the 6300 pro that I use for my heavier sewing projects and for quilts. Then I have my Janome 11000 for embroidery and specialty sewing. Love both of these machines but they are heavy to haul around. I agree with your comments about buying from your local dealer. In addition to getting hands on experience with the machine before you buy, having a trustworthy dealer to answer your questions is invaluable. Plus they usually include classes on mastering your machine, which are also wonderful. I have sewn for more than 50 years, and still learn new things every time I attend a class. The only reason I am researching on line is because I have moved and haven't established a new local dealer for my machines, so I am dealing long distance with my previous dealer, whom I dearly loved and miss.

b.gottier on 2/3/16 @ 11:48pm

Marilee, I suggest looking at the Jem 720 or Jem 760. I think you'd be a lot happier with one of these than the DC 2030.

Cindy T. on 2/28/16 @ 5:32am

I just won a 2030DC at a quilt show! Still in the box. I've been researching to compare to the 1050, which I've owned for a year. Besides 20 more stitch options, there doesn't seem to be any more "bells & whistles", so I might just sell it.
I started off with a Jem as my travel machine, but really missed the needle down function as well as the ability to move the needle over (stitch width). I have been extremely happy with my move up to the 1050.

Janelle walshe on 8/27/17 @ 12:06am

My mother bought this machine new 5 years ago because she had previosly owned a janome for 25 years and sewed for her 9 children till it wore out. She has had nothing but trouble with her dc2030 as the thread keeps breaking continuously. She has adjusted all tensions but cannot seem to find the fault. I'm here with my mother as I have brought over school pants needing the knees sewn. It has not a been a good afternoon as we have had to thread the needle dozens of times with poor eye sight. Please help janome what do you suggest?

a.woerth on 8/27/17 @ 9:25am

Hi Janelle, I am sorry that it took so long to respond to your post, but I will try to help you. I have a few questions of my own first.

1. Where did you purchase your machine? If you purchased your machine from us, as your dealer, we are happy to help you with this issue.
2. If you did not purchase your machine from Temecula Valley Sewing Center, have you contacted your dealer, and is your dealer responding to your inquiries?
3. Do you live in the Riverside, CA area, and are you able to bring your machine into our store?
4. When was the last time the machine was serviced?

Sometimes threading of the machine can create problems because of the way the thread is wound on the spool. Sometimes the needle in the machine is the incorrect size for the thread we are using. We want your mother to be happy with her machine, so if she is still experiencing problems with it, let us know and we will certainly do whatever we can to assist you/her.

Thank you for your inquiry.
Aileen

Barbara on 8/27/17 @ 3:11pm

I have the 2030DC and am somewhat disappointed
that I can't buy a walking foot for it. Is there?

b.gottier on 8/30/17 @ 5:37pm

It's my understanding that the "Horizontal Rotary Hook" version of the Janome walking feet will fit the 2030DC.

Monica on 9/21/17 @ 1:06pm

Can anyone tell me if the Janome 2030 DC has a full metal frame on the inside? I'm seeing some horror stories about manufacturers going cheaper and using plastic for some interior parts and the machine don't last long as a result or they warp when machine is used at high speeds.
Much appreciated!

b.gottier on 9/21/17 @ 11:36pm

Hi Monica. All of Janome's machines have a metal frame. I don't know what you mean by "full" metal frame, but the 2030DC is a light weight machine, which means that it is specifically designed with a little less metal so that it's lighter and more suitable for carrying around to classes and such. Personally, I prefer machines that are not light weight. If you'd like to talk about machines, give us a call sometime. (951) 694-9576.

Susan Denise Sillence on 10/16/17 @ 5:40pm

I'm picking one up tomorrow from my local sewing machine shop. I've had 3 or 4 previous Janome machines over the last 15 years, and I loved each one. I started small and moved up to better models, but my last one was more than I needed. After a few years, I finally traded it back in, and I'm getting the Janome 2030DC, which looks like a "just right" fit for my needs! I looked at it today, fell in love with it, and will be going back for it tomorrow (Oct. 17, 2017 - a week before my 63rd birthday).

Susan Denise Sillence on 11/4/17 @ 3:06pm

Update: I didn't buy the Janome 2030DC. I bought a new Janome M7050 instead, and I love it!

Bev on 11/11/17 @ 11:10am

My 2030QDC is 2 weeks old, and noticed that there's a banging noise if I sew 3-4 layers or go over seams. Has anyone else found this? Janome Canada replaced it as I was advised by my dealer to go directly to them. The new machine does the same thing. The tech at Janome hasn't returned my calls yet.

b.gottier on 11/16/17 @ 8:10am

Hi Bev. I haven't noticed this noise, but I'm wondering what the stitch quality is like when you hear the noise. Are the stitches coming out OK, on both top and bottom?

Bev on 12/10/17 @ 4:15pm

Stitch quality is perfect. When I talked to the dealer again she said that's what her machine does in the shop. Apparently it's just the noise it makes. I'm very very disappointed